April 12, 2018
Our Very Own Jim “Cheese” Aylward Honored at 2018 Journey Awards
After an extensive career in the Kansas City advertising industry, Jim “Cheese” Aylward, the newly retired creative director for DMH, was honored as the Creative Professional of the Year at the American Advertising Federation of Kansas City’s 2018 Journey Awards. In true Cheese style, DMH provided a specialty cocktail of Jameson, ginger ale and lime, which was a hit at the event. We are proud of the legacy Cheese has created in the industry, not only in Kansas City, but around the world. We could not think of a more deserving person for this award.
“I can’t think of a better or more fulfilling way to ride off into the sunset than with the love and admiration of the people you care about most,” Aylward said. “The award show presentation was beyond anything I ever dreamed of or expected. I owe my career to a lot of very talented, fun and interesting people. I will greatly miss my friends and, of course, DMH.”
As he reflected on his career, he wanted to remind everyone:
- Never underestimate your ability to achieve your goals.
- Be excited about what you do.
- Don’t forget where you came from... you, too, were once an intern or new hire.
- Acknowledge the fact that you got wherever you are, today, with the help of a lot of other people.
- Don’t let your head get bigger than your ideas.