November 28, 2022
Public Relations Manager
Who We Are
At Diamond Merckens Hogan, we are a band of artists, writers, strategists and planners. We create and tell stories that build relationships between brands and people. And everything we’ve ever created for our client partners has one commonality: We did it together.
DMH strives to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment. It’s more than words; it’s a commitment that we practice daily by living our values and supporting our team members to develop an awareness of inclusion at all levels of the agency.
DMH is seeking a Public Relations Manager with 4+ years of experience, preferably in an agency setting, to join the DMH Integrated Media Team. The PR Manager will support client partners through B2B and B2C media relations, various writing assignments (news releases, articles, web content, etc.) and message development. In addition, this individual will work on a team to develop annual communications plans, content strategy and crisis communications.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Media team to create comprehensive strategies that utilize paid, earned and social disciplines to accomplish client goals.
- Execute a variety of tactics including, but not limited to: media pitching, news release development, feature writing, content calendar development, media and/or influencer event planning, influencer management, monitoring trends and changes in news media, etc.
- Develop close working relationships with client partners with some client management and communication responsibilities
- Work across the agency to educate colleagues on PR strategy, tactics and best practices
Key qualifications and skills
- Is willing to wear many hats and work on projects of all types
- Possesses an understanding of public relations and its role in an integrated media plan
- Proven ability to land meaningful media placements and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Has strong writing skills, in multiple formats
- Is an independent, process oriented, self-starter with initiative and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Has persuasive written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Thrive in a team environment and passionate about contributing ideas
- Drive to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Expertise in AP Style